- Hi, I would like to buy a smartphone. - Do you have a contract with us? - No. I just moved here from the Netherlands. - I'm sorry but then we can't give you a contract. You have no credit history you see. - So can I buy the phone and get a pay as you go? - No, they are only sold on contracts. - Hi, I would like to buy a smartphone. - Do you have a bank account? - No. I just moved here from the Netherlands. - If you don't have a bank account, we cannot give you a contract. - Hi, I would like to open a bank account. - There are no banking advisors in just now, can I book an appointment for you? - When would that be? - Next week. - Hi, I would like to open a bank account. - Do you have an account with us? - No, I just moved here from the Netherlands. - So you have been living here less than three years? - Yes, as a matter of fact I have been living here less than a week. - We can only give you an account after you have lived in the UK for three years. You have no ...
Comments